A. MBANO MANOR HOTEL COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mambano Hotels Ltd t/a Mbano Manor Hotel (hereinafter referred to as Mbano Manor Hotel). Please take the time to read over ALL the competition Terms and Conditions below. Entry into this competition automatically implies that you have read, understood, and agreed to the Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) outlined below.
- Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the T&Cs in your own capacity and on behalf of any person with whom you may share the prize.
- These are the standard terms and conditions for competitions conducted by or in association with Mbano Manor Hotel.
In consideration of you entering the Promotion you agree to the following:
B. HOW TO SUBMIT A VALID ENTRY
You are eligible to enter if you:
- are an individual who is a US citizen, resident in the United States of America and 18 years or over.
- can engage in reasonable physical activity without risk to your health.
- have a valid passport (with at least 6 months validity) and are willing to travel to Zimbabwe and South Africa.
- are willing to participate in the activities listed in the prize.
- submit a Valid Entry (see below).
- agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- do not breach the Terms and Conditions; and
- are not an employee, or immediate family member of an employee, of the Promoter, Mbano Manor Hotel, the Sponsor Partners, or an entity associated with the Promotion.
- You possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards to international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
The only way to submit a Valid Entry is by completing the entry form online by visiting www.mbanomanorhotel.com and by providing:
- Your name, telephone number and email address
- answering in 10 words or less “What is the name of the waterfall in Zimbabwe which is One of the Seven Wonders of the World?”
By reading and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
You must not:
- submit more than one entry
- tamper with the entry mechanism, or
- use scripting, an application or code to submit multiple entries.
You must not submit an entry that:
- contains invalid, incomplete, or inaccurate information.
- contains defamatory, offensive, harassing, threatening or intimidating statements or messages.
- invades the privacy or any other rights of any third party; or
- breaks any law.
C. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
You acknowledge and agree that:
- you are in good physical health, and capable of participating in reasonable physical activity.
- to the extent permitted by law, you indemnify the Promoter, its agents and servants from any claim, loss, damage, or damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, economic, direct, or indirect loss, or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with, or arising from, this Promotion.
- the Promoter does not warrant the accuracy of any information provided to you about the Promotion.
- if requested, you must participate in editorial activities relating to the Promotion including, but not limited to, being interviewed, and photographed.
- You must be available for travel within the period specified in the competition rules. If not, the prize cannot be transferred to someone else or taken at another time.
- the Promoter may collect your personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, likeness, email address, picture, and participation in editorial activities (“Personal Information”).
- you must inform the Promoter if your personal information changes during the Promotion Period.
- you consent to the Promoter disclosing, publishing, and disseminating your Personal Information by any means including, but not limited to, in websites, social media, other media coverage, blogs, photographs and videos.
- you consent to the Promoter sending you emails from the Promoter for research, survey, competition, and general promotion purposes.
- you grant the Promoter a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use your entry for any purpose.
- you unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of your moral rights, or present and future rights of a similar nature, conferred by law anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given (“Moral Rights”).
- you waive all Moral Rights that arise outside the United States of America; and
- you will not start, continue, or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of your Moral Rights or intellectual property rights.
The time of entry will be the time specified in the Competition rules. The Promoter is not responsible if a Valid Entry is not received whether this is caused by a system difficulty or malfunction or any other reason.
If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that is legally available to reschedule, change or cancel the Promotion.
D. CHOOSING A WINNER
The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify an otherwise Valid Entry if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, you have not complied with these Terms and Conditions or the entry process.
One winner will be chosen by the Promoter in their absolute discretion.
The Promoter may select alternative winners to replace any subsequently disqualified winner, or a winner who does not claim their prize within a reasonable period
All decisions of the Promoter are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
The winners will be notified by email or phone on Monday 18 July 2022.
The winner’ name will be published on KJLH radio and on the Mbano Manor Hotel competition site – www.mbanomanorhotel.com
E. THE PRIZE
There is one prize for a vacation for two people, travelling together and sharing accommodation.
The winner will receive:
2 x Business Class return Qatar Airways flight from Los Angeles to Harare
2 x economy class regional return flight to connect with the flight from Doha.
7 nights’ accommodation including Mbano Manor hotel (3 nights), Somalisa Camp Hwange (2 nights) and Sanctuary Mandela (2 nights). Total trip including international flights is 9 days.
City tours, activities, and game drives included.
Most meals and all transfers are included.
The Prize is:
- not transferable, exchangeable, or redeemable for cash.
- subject to any terms and conditions of the Promoter or any third-party providers which the Prize Winner must agree to before accepting the prize.
- claimable up to 90 days after being notified of the prize. The Promoter may allocate the prize to an Alternate Winner if you are unable to travel by 30 November 2022.
- subject to the Prize Winner satisfying lawful health, behaviour, age, and safety requirements; and
- exclusive of any additional costs and liabilities incurred by the Prize Winner that are not expressly stated as forming part of the Prize including, but not limited to, spending money, some meals, taxes (excluding flight taxes), visas, additional travel extensions, tips & gratuities, personal, property & health insurance, Covid protocol compliance, items of a personal nature, in-room charges, losses, damages, claims, legal costs and increased personal taxation liabilities (“Additional Costs and Liabilities”).
You agree to indemnify the Promoter against any Additional Costs and Liabilities you incur. You must pay and incur all Additional Costs and Liabilities as per clause 14.7. The Promoter, its agents and servants are not liable for any Additional Costs and Liabilities.
F. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will treat your information as private and confidential (but we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below). Your personal information can be used in any of the following ways:
- If you choose to participate in this Competition we ask you to provide the required information, as set out in the Competition Entry Form here: https://forms.gle/rKELkZV5LLFhgoJ77
- The personal information we collect is used to contact you in the event that you are selected to win the prize included in this competition, in addition to sending you special offers and other marketing material.
- If you win the competition, we will contact you on the details you have given to organise your travel plans.
- We process this information so that you are able to participate in our competitions and so that we can notify/announce you as winner online, in accordance with the terms of the competition agreed between us.
No member of Mbano Manor Hotel, Qatar Airways, African Bush Camps (Somalisa Camp), KrugerShalati (Sanctuary Mandela) and/or any of their member/affiliated companies or agencies, and members of their immediate families; nor members, directors, partners, employees, agents, or consultants of Mbano Manor Hotel or the sponsors of any competition, or any of their affiliated companies or agencies, and members of their immediate family, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter (i.e. the latter being defined in the CPA as ‘any person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organizers or conducts a promotional competition, or for whose benefit such a competition is promoted, sponsored, organized or conducted’) are eligible to win a competition conducted by Mbano Manor Hotel.